Monday, June 3, 2013

Planting and Bread Making

Have not been in the mood to post. Didn't have much to write about. I worked at my former employer for 1 month. It was ok but I was glad when I finished. I worked during the four very hot days we had here. After the heat it was cold again but I managed to plant some flowers and a few vegetable plants. This year I planted Vinca instead of Impatiens, Vinca tolerate the heat and dryness. They don't like wet feet, unfortunately we had a lot of rain and I'm afraid the ground is too wet, I hope they survive. This is what I planted out front.

After a hot and humid weekend it's turned cooler again this morning, I hope the sun comes out.

About sixteen years ago I bought a bread maker and started making my own bread. I stopped when we stopped eating bread for a while. I don't care much for the grocery store bread and since bakery bread is $4.00 to $5.00 a loaf I decided to start making my own bread again. Another reason I wanted to make my own bread is that I am on a Quinoa kick and I wanted to try making my own.

After a not very successful try I decided it might be time to buy a new bread maker. I bought a Hamilton Beach bread maker, the price was right and it had good reviews.

The first bread I made was a Cinnamon Raisin bread, It came out perfect. Then I tried the Quinoa Bread, it rose nicely then fell in the middle, maybe too much liquid. On my second try, I added more flour, the dough was a bit sticky but I let it go, it didn't rise. Both breads tasted good despite the failure to rise. Today will be my third attempt at Quinoa bread, wish me luck.

1 comment:

Marge said...

Lots of luck with the bread making is my wish for you today.>3