Monday, April 22, 2013

Ice Cream in a Bag

Found this idea on Facebook. Has anybody tried it? If so did it work? Next time I feel like ice cream I'm going to give it a try. First the weather has to warm up a bit.

Ice Cream in a Bag. This is SOOO easy and delicious! In a small Ziplock bag, put: 1/2 C. half and half (milk works too) 1 Tbps. sugar 1 tsp. vanilla Insert that bag into a larger, one gallon Ziplock filled with ice and salt, I used sea salt. Shake the bag for five minutes. Kids love that part! Then, remove the smaller bag which should have turned into ice cream.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Claudia;

Hope all is well with you and Tony. Thought I'd try something different and visit all my online friends for a change..LOL!! I think I'm getting lazy more so as each day goes by..

Have to try that ice cream making. Sound real easy. But... I probably won't as I'm watching my weight now.

Have a great week ahead my friend. Hugs

Liz said...

Hi Claudia,
I haven't tried making ice cream that way. But, it is worth the try. Years ago, I had a hand-crank where rock salt and ice were used. That took too long to make. Now, I use an ice cream maker.
I hope you and Tony are doing well.
Hugs,
Liz