Friday, December 7, 2012

I have put aside Tatiana de Rosnay's "A Secret Kept" and started reading "Something Borrowed" by Emily Giffin. Something Borrowed is the story of a smart young woman in New York who falls in love with her best friend's fiancé. True chick-lit, a fun quick read.

Today I am meeting friends for lunch. We are going to the Piazetta a favorite spot for pizza or a salad. The restaurant has a nice outdoor terrace, but there will be no sitting on the terrace drinking Sangria today as the temperature will be around 32F today.

This weekend I will begin packing for our trip to Florida, I cannot wait to be in the warm weather once more.

Quote of the Day
I'm trying to do the best I can. I'm not concerned with tomorrow, but with what goes on today. - Mark Spitz, former Olympic gold medalist in swimming.

2 comments:

Marge said...

Hi Claudia,
I've read a couple books by Giffin. She's really good. Time for Florida huh? So excited to see you guys again.
Dick is not doing well at all. The defibrillator he has keeps knocking him out. It happened in the truck and it crashed into a tree. He didn't get hurt but the truck did.
They take him to surgery next Friday the 14th. Please pray. Hugz!

Anonymous said...

Hi Claudia;

By now you should be on your way with other "snowbirds" and will probably see Marge at some time. Send back some warm weather for us who must remain here in the frozen north. Hugs