Friday, January 4, 2013

We went to the Ophthalmologist for Tony's eye, good news no pressure in the eye. The doctor says it's a fold in the eye, possibly from an injury. I looked it up and it could be the result of vigorous eye rubbing. In any case he has some drops to put in his eye before bedtime.

It's warm here in not so sunny Florida. Yes it's been cloudy for the past two days and it is supposed to rain today. I went to the gym yesterday and I think I may go again today. I met a lady from Montreal, she goes to the same gym I do at home (not the same branch) she did four classes yesterday, she will probably be there today.

I found this neat site Myfitnesspal.com. At MyFitnessPal.com, you can track net calories:

Net Calories = Calories Consumed - Calories Burned Through Exercise

So the more you exercise, the more you can eat! They also track a variety of other nutritional values which can help you maintain a healthy, well-balanced diet. In my case to lose .5 lbs per week I have to consume 1200 calories a day and workout 4x a week. My goal is not to gain weight. This site makes it easy to count calories. I usually don't count calories, I just try to eat good things avoid sugar, snacks and limit processed foods. Exercise has been a big factor for keeping my weight stable. Bonus I love it!

3 comments:

Marge said...

Great news about Tony's eye. He needed some good news. How nice to meet someone here from up there. cool! We're headed for some dreary days. Yuck!

Liz said...

Glad to hear that Tony's eye and drops is all he needs. It has been gloomy, cold and rainy here for almost a week. I am hoping for some sunshine and warmer temps soon. I admire your determination to stay fit. Keep up the good work!
Hugs,

Anonymous said...

Hi Claudia;

Glad all Tony needed was eye drops. I can believe constant rubbing can cause a fold. My sister Phyllis has that habit.
My son just left after setting me up with a new chair and so far so good. At least I can sit and the pain isn't so bad. Have a good and blessed day ahead dear friend. Hugs